December 5, 2008

a couple of new pants

photo from the Sartorialist, I think

Inspired by this image of Thom Browne and his posse (well, a picture of the hems of their trousers at least), I decided to have a couple of pairs of wide-cuff flood-length pants made: one in “Thom Browne gray” and another in a dark gray-green.

Notice the two-inch cuffs on the pants.  It’s the details that matter!

The lighter gray pair serendipitously matches a Topman waistcoat I have had for more than a year now.

UO specs, Topman waistcoat, H&M plaid shirt, Cartier watch on blue croc strap, tailor-made pants, Miu Miu laceups

• naboonies
    December 5th, 2008 at 6:06 am

The pants are beautiful. You’re lucky to have such a great tailor. Is the labor expensive in Manila?

• izzydore
    December 5th, 2008 at 10:26 am

naboonies: thanks! it’s rather cheap :)

• fuchsiaboy
    December 5th, 2008 at 11:34 am

eyeluvseeet!

can i suggest a bowtie to finish off the sartorial poetry?

the spectacle looks good on you.

p.s.
    i have a plaid jacket in my shop. will take pics of it to share.

• Style Salvage Steve
    December 5th, 2008 at 11:35 am

I adore that sartorialist image and your new pants and they way in which you’ve styled them are both spot on! I’m jealous of your cheap labour!

• My Life In Receipts
    December 5th, 2008 at 11:41 am

Impressive! Will you share details about your tailor? I’ve been trying to look for a good one for quite a while…

• My Life In Receipts
    December 5th, 2008 at 11:42 am

Impressive! Will you share details on your tailor? Been searching for a good one for quite a while…

• izzydore
    December 5th, 2008 at 12:06 pm

don: Yea a bowtie would def. look great with this, but I was going to have dinner with family and I didnt want to look too cuckoo. Sartorial poetry? Thats beyond flattering, i think im gonna melt hahaha

steve: thanks! means a lot coming from you!

my life: My tailor is Mang Jun at Toppers, located in Katipunan tel no 024367938.

With the volume of people asking about my tailor, I think a post featuring my tailor is in order.

• My Life In Receipts
    December 5th, 2008 at 12:59 pm

Here I come, Mang Juan! Oh man, he’s got tons of work cut out for me! Thank you for the info. Appreciate it!

• DaisyChain
    December 5th, 2008 at 1:29 pm

They are fantastic pants, I really love the cuff detailing.

• sophia
    December 5th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

I wish I could get things tailor made. You always look so great

• william
    January 16th, 2009 at 11:54 am

Love this look. I’m totally jealous; finding menswear that fits me is impossible since Hedi left Dior – and I couldn’t even afford Dior to begin with.. :)