February 25, 2009

While most of you are waking up to foggy-breath mornings,

we over here are waking up with sweaty necks.  Summer just came in full force a couple of days ago and walking on the street feels like walking on the beach.

vintage madras shirt, Zara shorts, Opening Ceremony desert boots
Don’t you just hate having to overhaul your wardrobe when the seasons change?  I was just warming up to cooler-weather clothes.

• beautiful things // beautiful minds
    February 25th, 2009 at 7:38 am

i totally agree. it’s so much of a hassle to update your whole wardrobe. and even worse, where are the things when you need ‘em the most. i remember seein espadrilles everywhere before. but now that it’s summer and i want a pair, i can’t seem to find any. *humph*

• Noelle Chantal
    February 25th, 2009 at 12:32 pm

i’m kinda bored seeing the usual plaids/checks shirt everyone’s been wearing. but this one is really really nice and fresh looking! is it denim?

hello summer! :)

• -h of candid cool
    February 25th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

im dreading summer. every year i think to myself how did i survive?
    i hide the winter stuff away so i dont have a constant reminder of what i cant wear.

the little calculator watch is so cute. and i love the shoes! i like how they give that element of still being dressed up.

• kirstie
    February 25th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

haha dude you think it’s only summer now? when i was there (um… i left just over a week ago i think) i thought it was stinking hot! though that may have just been the 90% humidity that i’m STILL not used to. that shirt is cooool.

• johnsiesta
    February 25th, 2009 at 7:31 pm

…..Saw you at BEN SHERMAN last Sunday. You are tall….

• Frederic
    February 25th, 2009 at 8:41 pm

lovely shirt!

• izzy
    February 25th, 2009 at 10:44 pm

beautiful things: Why don’t you try felicity/firma? I remember they used to have espadrilles. Or Rustan’s?

noelle: thank you! no it’s chambray, like a softer denim. you totally rock the summer look all year long :p

h: thanks! that was the intention!

kirstie: how was your trip? did you find good places to shop?

johnsiesta: you should have said hi! which one were you? I might remember!

frederic: thanks!!

• Brook and Lyn
    February 25th, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Over here in NY I feel like it’s been winter for a bout a 100 years….it’s so freakin cold. I hate it. Talk to me in 4 months I will be complaining the same about the humidity. Love the patch shirt…I was thinking of trying to make some patch jeans..not sure if it will workout though.

• xS
    February 26th, 2009 at 10:25 am

juts trying to work out my summer looks now; the shorts/desert boots thing wins – not too perspirational tho? xS

• izzy
    February 26th, 2009 at 10:37 am

mimi: patch jeans from scratch? that looks to be quite a feat! I look forward to seeing how that project turns out..

xs: thanks, you made me laugh. juuuust a little perspirational!

• thesearchforchic
    March 3rd, 2009 at 12:10 pm

I LOVE that plaid shirt..I might have to steal it.. ;)