June 9, 2009

The Blazer-Shirt

H&M Trend churns out the most forward pieces and magically manages to sell them at high street prices.  I almost feel guilty for paying so little for the wonder that is H&M Trend.  This navy blazer shirt is a long-sleeved button-down shirt with miniature lapels for a collar.

Check out the slanted flap patch pocket, a subtle yet amusing detail.
Here it is worn, with my patent Swear shoes that I wear way too often:

H&M Trend blazer-shirt, American Apparel backpack, Cartier watch, tailor-made flood-length pants, Swear shoes
Close-up of the watch:

Cartier Roadster on navy crocodile strap
If you’re in the market for a leather-strap watch or even just a new leather strap for an existing watch, you might want to consider navy crocodile.  Somehow I find it more versatile than brown or even black: navy is a stunning accent against the blacks and grays of fall, but also works harmoniously with the whites and tans and blues and browns of summer.
A much cheaper thrill than the watch: American Apparel backpack in smoke.

Star Trek sign!

• DaisyChain
    June 9th, 2009 at 4:11 pm

wow love that shirt
    and coveting the backpack.

• Pascal Grob
    June 9th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

oh yeah, this shirt looks awesome! i haven't been to the H&M store for too long now due to the exams, but TOMORROW finally I'll have time again.

p.s. sorry about the interview, it will follow the next couple days, because my exams kept me way too busy :)

• Brook and Lyn
    June 9th, 2009 at 6:44 pm

blazer shirts…ahhh…the details are really nice.
    If there was an h&m close to my house I would go more often…it tends to be too stressful when I'm there. The quantity, the loud music, the crowds, long lines…

• Tom Tuttle from Tacoma
    June 9th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

bloody gorgeous watch and i want you shoes. i want every single item on you. great stuff, there.

• -h
    June 9th, 2009 at 10:27 pm

i love croco bands on watches.

• up and down town
    June 10th, 2009 at 12:54 am

i couldn't agree more. blue is such a brilliant choice!
    you have that knack. i have another friend with the same knack – she can take something, anything, and make it look $$$. now looking $$$ is not thee most important thing; it is perhaps even not thee primary goal of all objects (if objects have goals), but i do still appreciate when i see someone with that knack. because, of course, i also know someone who has…the opposite talent. she can make marni look like it's a target clearance item. i like that, if nothing else, this does confirm that sometimes it's the person who can make the clothes.
    and you do.

• ♥Jozee
    June 10th, 2009 at 3:16 am

Great suggestion for the navy wristband. I've been wanting to build my watch collection (horologists of the world unite!) and just might look into a navy one!

the blazer shirt is great–definitely would not have guessed it was H&M.

• Isabel
    June 10th, 2009 at 9:53 am

I don't think anyone could wear those shoes too often! I seriously covet them.

• Mat Ahoy - Buckets and Spades
    June 10th, 2009 at 2:40 pm

h and m trend is wicked, theres nothing really on my highstreet with such interesting cuts and finishes. i saw this shirt but didn't think it would do anything for me. looks great here though.

• up and down town
    June 12th, 2009 at 1:07 am

no…with my other friend i am not talking about a successful mixing of high and low. unfortunately.

• Ca
    June 13th, 2009 at 11:01 am

Hahaha, Star Trek! And what a fun backpack.

• Giancinephile
    June 14th, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Nice watch! Styles like that are certainly timeless…

• BUDDHA BANANA
    June 14th, 2009 at 11:32 pm

love the shirt Izzy. I got something similar in plaid

• Colored Light Bulbs
    December 6th, 2010 at 2:29 am

I don't think anyone could wear those shoes too often! I seriously covet them.

• Cory
    January 27th, 2014 at 10:28 am

Can I ask where you purchased the watch strap? I too own a Cartier Roadster and am looking for a leather band.

Thanks!

February 18th, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Cory: Any Cartier boutique could help you find a strap. Good luck!