July 4, 2009

Ferocious Fingers

Take a look at these creatures of desire by French jeweller Cartier, aren’t they just frivolously fierce?
Panthere de Cartier ring in lacquered gold and peridot eyes
The lacquer-speckled gold and the green gemstones are just opulent, but the idea of a roaring panther head fashioned into a ring, with the finger going through its mouth, is very clever. I could only dream of how this would look with a sharp black suit, buttoned-up white shirt, and those Lanvin Richelieu suede-capped brogues. I wouldn’t dare ask how much it costs.
Another view. It doesn’t hurt to dream, does it?
More so could I not fathom even thinking of asking about the price of this one, though I would kill to wear the pave version even more casually with everyday clothes.
Panthere de Cartier ring in white gold with pave diamonds, emerald eyes, and an onyx nose
For now, I’ll just have to stick with this friendly-looking leopard ring that I got on sale at Topman.
He’s got black plastic jewel eyes and even another inside his mouth. Rawr.

July 4th, 2009 at 7:00 am

hey hey i also have that ring from topman! never got to wear it though! i suck at accessorizing! i just buy accessories that look good but i dont have the guts to wear it!

- B

• RetroVintageModStyle
    July 4th, 2009 at 11:10 am

I want the first ring, it's awesome! BTW the DIY hand paint shirt was great too.

• -h
    July 4th, 2009 at 12:31 pm

i remember that rachel zoe has the 1st one. my favorite panthere ring has pave diamonds and little black onyx spikes coming out. stunning! the day i flipped over a magazine and saw the ad for that ring is the day i fell in love with cartier.

urban outfitters also has/had panther rings and such.

• The Velvet Scientist
    July 7th, 2009 at 2:29 am

the ring is certainly very intriguing. I must say the topman one is a nice compensation!

lovely blog, your DIY posts are especially wonderful, and so inspiring!

x tvs.

• Noelle Chantal
    July 7th, 2009 at 4:48 am

i was in Dubai for weeks and i'm actually looking for the perfect ring for me. but what i got was a fish necklace. haha! the gold ring / first ring is beautiful! great picks! :)

• Taj
    January 19th, 2011 at 10:47 pm

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!!!

• Mark Cullum
    January 26th, 2011 at 12:44 pm

literally too cool for words!!!