July 2, 2009

Impostor

I have an impostor who has been taking my outfit photos from this blog and aggressively posting them on fashion forums without my consent. This impostor has also been picking fights with other members resulting in his being banned. I know for a fact that there has been someone else posting my photos on Style Zeitgeist as myself, but thanks to the kind administrators on that forum, all the impostor posts have been promptly taken down.

Let it be known that I only post outfit photos on this blog, on Lookbook.nu and on The Fashion Spot. I had also posted on a Chictopia account for a brief time, but this account has been deleted since.
I originally did not want to taint the happy thing that is this blog with news about this negativity, but I believe I owe it to myself to clear my name regarding this matter. Beloved readers, if you see photos of me in forums other than those mentioned above, please let me know so I can alert the administrators. This is frustrating and funny, and I have to admit, flattering all at the same time. To my impostor, thanks for noticing.

• Mat Ahoy - Buckets and Spades
    July 2nd, 2009 at 8:33 am

do you want me to send them boys around, we'll sort this out!

did you used to post on lookbook too though? or am i making that up?

• -h
    July 2nd, 2009 at 11:23 am

ugh how annoying. ive even seen people selling on ebay using other bloggers photos. i hope this "evil twin" gets shut down.
    ive gotten a little paranoid myself and im leaning away from posting outfit photos.

• Deanne
    July 2nd, 2009 at 12:14 pm

that sounds like a headache, i hope that gets sorted out for you. don't let it discourage you from showing off your style though! creeps are a dime in a dozen.

• Isabel
    July 2nd, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Wow, how bizarre! I don't think such a thing has ever happened to me, but I don't think I'd be too chuffed about it! Frankly, I'd be pissed. The internet is full of freaks.

• james v.
    July 2nd, 2009 at 2:51 pm

you said it, mister!

• up and down town
    July 2nd, 2009 at 5:38 pm

oh my, you handled this with grace.
    i'd probably close up shop and hide for a year.
    i'm glad you didn't.

• miss a.
    July 3rd, 2009 at 2:38 am

as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… it is rather strange, though, that someone would go out of the way to obtain a double identity.