July 15, 2009

Kaftan-tastic

I’ve practically been living in these gauzy cotton kaftans for the past couple of weeks.
I may not be the biggest advocate of comfort in dressing up, but from time to time, it feels nice to don something comfy enough for you to fall asleep in. Dressing like it’s fashion week everyday is a superhuman feat.
I was so pleased with the quality and detailing of these shirts that I decided to buy two of the same style. The slouchy, unstructured, slim mandarin collar, the single button, and just the overall look exuded an elegant minimalism that was akin to something from Acne.
When I saw it in this David Hockney shade of blue, I knew it would look great with my DIY paint-splatter laceups.
Zara kaftan top, tailor-made black denim shorts, DIY paint-splatter shoes
I decided to take the plunge and get another in chartreuse, a color I can’t ever remember having worn. Now I’m hooked on the hue.
vintage Ray-Ban aviators, Zara kaftan top, Hermes bracelet, H&M white jeans, Church’s suede loafers

• RetroVintageModStyle
    July 15th, 2009 at 12:27 pm

I saw the green one at Zara and I really liked it, wanted to buy it but it was kind of overpriced in my opinion. I just love these kaftans, but then again I already have quite a few of these hehe

• Isabel
    July 15th, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Oh yeah, the blue one looks RAD with your splatter paint shoes.

I am the biggest advocate of comfort ever. I wear Birkenstocks and am proud of it.

July 15th, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Well i think the kaftans would be somehow more interesting if have some detailing to them, but alas we can't have everything… Oh and i love, love your blog !

Pas

• The Velvet Scientist
    July 16th, 2009 at 5:39 am

Oh, I love the kaftans! Very Acne indeed.
    I love your jeans as well… that reminds me – must go back to H&M soon.

xo

• -h
    July 16th, 2009 at 7:52 pm

i like both outfits. but i esp. like that blue color.

• Tom Tuttle from Tacoma
    July 17th, 2009 at 2:25 am

both looks are good. the blue top will go really nicely with your white pants and tan shoes too. i'm not vain enuf so i prefer comfort anytime.

• YekkY
    July 27th, 2009 at 11:00 pm

I dig the warm olive kaftan…Love Love Love what you did with those shoes! AMAZING! ;-)