July 15, 2009

Miuccia's Metalheads

Photos from the latest Prada Fall 2009 campaign shot by Hedi Slimane have just surfaced, and the ads are quickly accomplishing what they set out to do: to make me feel painfully inadequate about the contents of my wardrobe.
Miuccia’s jackets and cardigans bedecked with the tiny round studs are almost quaint, they invite you to gently run your fingertips over them like you would a finely embroidered eyelet fabric, or a precious lace.
It’s a different way of utilizing studs, unlike the brash and trashy stud frenzy that currently prevails.
To add insult to injury, Daniel from ModeMan already has a pair of those sublimely studded oxfords from the same collection. Lucky, lucky fellow!
Seeing the black in action, it seems that I’m surprisingly being more drawn towards the same style in cordovan. I like how the reddish leather plays against the golden studs.
Does anybody know how much these shoes retail for?
images via ModeMan and The Fashionisto

• John
    July 15th, 2009 at 7:44 am

Surely this is a DIY project waiting to happen?

• izzy
    July 15th, 2009 at 7:55 am

john: I wish! I don't stud though. Difficult DIY projects are not a part of my vocabulary!

• Ashe Mischief
    July 15th, 2009 at 8:20 am

I believe there are flat backed studs.. you could always make it in to a super glue project!

The mens studded remind me of the rhinestone Melissa shoes… which, at about $800, aren't likely to happen for my budget… but I'm not against finding a good pair of brogues and adding rhinestones to them myself!

• Frederic Betancourt.
    July 15th, 2009 at 8:27 am

I WANT THOSE SHOES
    hahaha

• Luke
    July 15th, 2009 at 8:33 am

I had a go at a poor imitation DIY a few weeks ago: http://www.fashion156.com/blog/view_entry.php?id=1525. It's possible…

• izzy
    July 15th, 2009 at 8:41 am

Luke: I woudn't say it's a poor imitation, those DIY shoes have got some thrift shop x goth charm going on!!

• Paolo
    July 15th, 2009 at 8:52 am

Do you know where I can get studs in Metro Manila? I've been dying to stud some of my clothes.

• izzy
    July 15th, 2009 at 9:58 am

Paolo: I haven't a clue. But I think Carolina's (There's one in Megamall, another in Glorietta.) is a good starting point. Awesome blog by the way, great compilation of men's hairstyles!

• Isabel
    July 15th, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Oh dear Lord, I am positively DYING over these. Why, Miuccia, WHY?

• D.
    July 16th, 2009 at 2:07 am

Well if not DIY, then why not take some shoes to a cobbler who can stud them for you?

• Hapsical Blog
    July 30th, 2009 at 7:27 am

Those shoes are £680 GBP… eek!

I'm trying to decide at the moment whether to spend my entire fall/winter budget on them..

Have you seen this though -

I'm sure you try it too with your DIY skills..