July 30, 2009

Mutant Margiela L'Incognitos

Only Margiela can do mutant fashion this good. This time he very successfully marries the silhouette of the widely raved-about L’Incognito glasses with traditional aviator detailing. (For reference on what bad mutant fashion is, check out my favorite examples the tragic tribal Fendi Spy and the bastardized wayfarers.)
Martin Margiela green tinted visor sunglasses with brass hardware
The result is a pair of sunglasses that might not be as stark as the original L’Incognitos, but most definitely not any less intriguing than the originals.
the original Martin Margiela L’Incognito sunglasses, which were made to resemble the black strip used in video and photography to censor one’s identity, this being a brand signature of Margiela
The aviator detailing on the bar above the bridge and on the “arms” lends a slightly more handsome look to the shades, while the sharp shield shape keeps the effect arresting.
The original L’Incognitos have always fascinated me, but might just be a little too editorial to use everyday (and I already favor the experimental and the out-there). The new ones look like aviators with just that needed triple-shot of Margiela crazy.
iWant.
Available at Oki-ni.
P.S. To those readers asking, I’ll be taking my Masters in Advertising in Boston. :)

• Isabel
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Hmm, I want to see what they would look like on a real person before making a decision on whether I like them or not.

• -h
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:48 pm

i still am waiting to see a picture of someone actually wearing them

• Mat
    July 31st, 2009 at 5:18 am

ah yes, the infamous black outs. uber cool i would agree, oki-ni has the best stuff don't they. i prefer the older ones but i think the others are a grower.

advertising! you are joining me then as i do that in my course.

• pixelhazard
    August 2nd, 2009 at 9:17 am

Is it just me or is this very x-men? p.s. your header image made me laugh, it's great!

August 2nd, 2009 at 10:25 am

isabel and h: yea, me too

mat: a grower, definitely!

pixelhazard: it is very x-men, come to think of it. and thank you!

• Style Geek
    August 3rd, 2009 at 6:20 pm

Hmmm… what planet can I pick these up on? Lol j/k :p
    I agree, very editorial but I would like to see more of them.

Life, Love & the Pursuit of Fashionable People