August 10, 2009

One Sleeve Wonder

Remember this patterned, band-collar, one-blue-sleeve shirt I designed that I wasn’t feeling 100% happy about?

Well, I ended up wearing the shirt for four days in a week, sometimes even impatiently waiting for it to dry on the clothesline (and subsequently wearing it partially wet!). The light, breezy fabric and the generous cut made me want to reach for the shirt as I dressed up day after day.

Ray-Ban tortoiseshell glasses, shirt by me, Cheap Monday jeans, Bottega Veneta moccasins
I fell in love with the idea, but it took time for me to warm up to the idea incarnate. I guess things you design have their way of growing on you.
P.S. Thanks for the congratulatory words on the Mykromag mention, I really appreciate it. Oh and 51 followers now! Thanks for the love, guys, keep it coming!

• -h
    August 10th, 2009 at 3:45 pm

the print on the shirt is fantastic

• John
    August 10th, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Some of my favourite clothes I felt a bit awkward about first, shy to wear or unsure if they looked good. Glad you stuck with it!

• Daniel Alec
    August 11th, 2009 at 5:33 am

That shirt has got to be my favourite. The print and the sleeve are perfect for summer.

• EJ
    August 11th, 2009 at 6:17 am

I can't remember whether I said that I liked this shirt earlier or not. If not: I really like this shirt! The different sleeves give it a nice edge. Good eye!

• Isabel
    August 11th, 2009 at 9:42 am

Yay! I was hoping you'd warm up to it. I loved it since your first posted about it. The colour blocking is subtle but genius!

• up and down town
    August 16th, 2009 at 5:43 pm

well it's about time! ;)
    but truly, i am spooked by how often the things i initially resist end up being such true loves, when i finally come to appreciate their perfection.

• Adam
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:47 pm

hey mate, love your work, keep it up! check out my blog too!

themaleumbrella.blogspot.com