October 1, 2009

Boy in the Snood

I’m a huge fan of exaggeration when it comes to things worn the neck up: voluminous scarves, overly crazy necklaces, large sunglasses, and high hair. Imagine my delight when a really chunky black snood (scarf+hood, I’m guessing) decided to show up at the H&M nearest me.
H&M snood in the finer rib version

The snood has always been on my radar ever since I saw this photo from Jak and Jil, and when Christopher Bailey paraded some on his Burberry Prorsum runways:

It isn’t September anymore, and, as if equipped with calendars, the winds made sure to blow with all their October gusto this morning.

Ray-ban glasses, H&M thick-knit snood, DIY whistle necklace, H&M sweater, Casio watch, DIY fingerless gloves, Cheap Monday jeans, Opening Ceremony shoes
Yet another cheap Casio watch arrived in the mail a few days ago, the purchase of which my flatmate completely detests given the fact that I already own a couple of well-made watches.

My friend, you just don’t get it. Cheap watches are ugly-charming, they seem to go well with the weirdest of outfits, and you never have to worry about misplacing them. Tell me, does your Cartier glow turquoise at the push of a button?

• The Velvet Scientist
    October 1st, 2009 at 11:51 pm

lovely. still a bit warm here for scarves, but my American Apparel circle scarf is ready and waiting for colder days. and hey – I have your same H&M sweater, only in other colours.

X

• EJ
    October 2nd, 2009 at 4:36 am

That sweater is H&M?? Damn! I'm going to have so go back to scouting out H&M menswear more regularly.

I love light up watches, that casio one is really cute. Where did you order it from?

• Mat
    October 2nd, 2009 at 5:32 am

yeah i saw this yesterday in my local, i didnt try it or anything tho, it looked massive. but doesnt hear, whats the secret?

yup i down with the watch, i have that one in gold (as everyone else does) but i don't wear it so much anymore.

• Isabel
    October 2nd, 2009 at 9:56 am

Agreed – the chunky scarf look rules. I have an AA circle scarf and I wear it just about every day in the wintertime.

• fuchsiaboy
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:53 pm

indeed, cartier doesnt glow, non? ;) your argument made me smile. :)

• Tom Tuttle from Tacoma
    October 3rd, 2009 at 9:24 am

lol about the watch. "ugly-charming" is the perfect way to say it. i love the watch.

• Joni Andrea
    October 5th, 2009 at 7:50 am

I've been wanting a snood for the longest time. Ugg I wish we had AA and H&M here in the Philippines. :/

Hahaha and I agree with your watch comment. Cartier doesn't have come with gel straps as well. :)

• seenatsave
    October 6th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Funny – I love that the Casio watch is called "Illuminator".
    -Natalie from Shop It To Me

• xtinagirl
    October 7th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I love your sweater! It's so bright :)

-xtina