December 8, 2009

the abbreviated necktie and other novel neckpieces

Bow ties don’t seem to turn heads today as much as they did, say, two years ago. Enter Volkan Celic, a Turkish-German designer and recent graduate of Esmod fashion school in Berlin, who just launched a neckwear collection with a handful of pieces that piqued my interest.
The most graphic in the collection I think, this bow tie reminds me of those DIY velvet-ribbon bow ties, only stiffer, inversely proportioned, and upside-down.
This one’s more sober than the others, but different enough to keep things interesting.
I’m seriously considering rocking the abbreviated necktie: necktie in origin, bow tie in spirit!
A festive candy-wrapper bow tie in black and gold lame.
And the piece de resistance, a semi-stiff neckerchief adorned with a black silken fringe “waterfall”: part dramatic, part ridiculous, 100% The Dandy Project approved.
And speaking of fringe, I think the model’s randomly curved blunt bangs are noteworthy. I’m in the market for a new haircut, any suggestions?
via The Fashionisto

• Adam
    December 8th, 2009 at 11:25 pm

hey mate! very interesting- huge fan of neo, personally, i just think it allows people to take a risk without going overboard! haha im terrible with DIYs so won't be trying to make any anytime soon! let me know how you go!

• Mat
    December 9th, 2009 at 5:19 am

the model looks like a soldier in the old golden eye game on the n64, sort of flat and russian looking. pretty nice yeah, i have about 3 or 4 bowties, they never get worn sadly though.

• Giancinephile
    December 10th, 2009 at 9:12 pm

It's so damn hard to get my mind on those amazing neck pieces! haha

• La Dick
    December 13th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

i LOVE the last piece but hate the chintzy stripper fringe. or am i not thinking ironically enough?

• By: Jason A.
    December 14th, 2009 at 5:41 am

i also like the abbreviated neck tie. and i want to take out that candy-wrapper one out for a test drive. great collection, i enjoyed this post a lot.

• up and down town
    December 14th, 2009 at 10:27 pm

i kept an open mind but i am a big big fan of the classic bowtie.

• chauss
    December 17th, 2009 at 11:03 pm

hellooooooooooooo,
    i'm liking the candy bar bow tie. :)))))

• Mens Designer Knitwear
    December 18th, 2009 at 6:24 am

I love the black cardigan. The neckties look so bare without a knitwear top!

• clips on neck tie
    March 9th, 2010 at 6:29 am

cheap necktie designs shown here are such classic and unique