February 16, 2011

dandy hipster cowboy

Meet my friend Mike Shaeffer, menswear designer in training.
a certain facial unkemptness my genes just won’t permit
He’s always been a sharp dresser, but somehow I never get the chance to see him in venues with ample lighting. But thanks to the microwave-hot spotlights at the Billy Reid presentation, I was able to take a few snapshots.
Topman coat, vintage jacket and shirt, Rachel Comey shoes
This is what would come out if Comme des Garcons did a collaboration with Tim McGraw.
Rachel Comey shoes with mismatched laces. Apologies, blurriness unintentional.

• Tea For Two
    February 16th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

He's a stunner, ain't he? :) Looks like a few of my ex-boyfriends delightfully and disturbingly combined.

• David Toms
    February 16th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I do wish I could grow a beard like that! I am loving te details of the shirt

• Brandon
    February 21st, 2011 at 8:12 pm

That western shirt I'm going to need a version at some point. Sort of makes me want to grow a beard again but not sure I will… Seems like a good guy too and has a pretty funny tumblr if I may add.

February 21st, 2011 at 8:16 pm

b: beard + taffeta skirt might be startling. or REALLY good

• Brandon
    February 21st, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I think I'll do it next winter. Clean shaven for summer and beard in the winter what do you think?

February 21st, 2011 at 8:27 pm

b: how about defying convention and doing clean in the winter and beard in the summer? you wouldn't be able to do that many messy layers in the summer anyway, so the scruff would balance it out.