March 1, 2011

Mykonos for the Wrist

The arrival of summer could not feel any more delayed. Laying my eyes on this Hermès Collier de Chien cuff in the new Spring/Summer 2011 color “Mykonos” makes me yearn for the touch of gauzy white kaftans, the taste of lemony hummus at a rooftop picnic, the smell of the sun.
Hermès Collier de Chien cuff in Mykonos veau swift

I don’t know if it’s just me or the French fashion house’s inflated prices talking, but there is a profundity to their colors that is unmatched by other brands. The deep, invigorating azure blue that is Hermès Mykonos does, momentarily, transport me to the warm, salty waters of Greece where my ex-Bostonian friend Eleni is now happily lounging about.

a wave of sea-blue leather with a tsunami of palladium hardware
the iconic notch and slide closure accentuated by Medor pyramids
Have you started your summer shopping yet?

• David Toms
    March 1st, 2011 at 9:20 pm

You are right about the colours! Hermes has a way of making their colours so pure!

• John
    March 2nd, 2011 at 3:20 am

Wow Congrats Izzy! What happened to the Kelly Dog cuff in the Ombre lizard though? Nevertheless that collier de chien is stunning!

• Lucas
    March 2nd, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Hello to you. Would you like to tell about my blog in your blog? It would be wonderful. You get a piece of jewelry as a thank you:)

• Simen
    March 3rd, 2011 at 12:22 pm

The blue colour is indeed great. AND you get a really cool orange box as well O.o :D

• Giancinephile
    March 5th, 2011 at 3:11 am

NICE new acquisition, Izzy!!!! :)

• Snappy
    March 5th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Interesting cuff. The blue contrast against the silver is an eye catcher. I like it.
    snappy x

March 6th, 2011 at 10:33 am

next time- dont hog the mirror the entire time at the warehouse sale.
    #rookiemistake

March 6th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Anonymous: So sorry if it irked you, but in my defense, I was quick to step aside when somebody needed the mirror I was at, which was just one out of countless mirrors at a warehouse sale which lasted for weeks.

-Izzy

• Austin Wong
    March 7th, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Hahahaha. Nice bracelet, my sister wants one. Don't be such a mirror hog. GAWD!!

• Brandon
    March 9th, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Fuckin' Mirror Hog! On another note I do like the purple reflections but you already know how I feel about this cuff….. Well at least it ain't LV!

March 9th, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Austin and Brandon: I promise not to mirror-hog no more.. And Brandon, I never noticed the reflections until you pointed it out, but yes that was my only purple shirt and I was wearing it while taking the photo.

March 9th, 2011 at 8:17 pm

John: Funny you still remember! I had to let it go because I couldn't afford it at that time, and last time I checked, it had already found a home. :c