May 13, 2011

My First Missoni

There are few things sexier and more effortlessly elegant than knit worn on its own. (My most profuse apologies for shamelessly using the S word to refer to myself..) After years of mulling over it, I picked up my first Missoni sweater a few days ago, and have been wearing it quite frequently since.
Missoni sweater, H&M jeans, quilted velvet sneaker-slippers by 3:33
Missoni is a worthy investment. Their sweaters are well-knit, they fit flatteringly, and the patterns, new every season, are iconically Italian-dandy. I’d highly recommend getting a deep v-neck, as pictured, or a cardigan; the styling possibilities are limitless. However, the impending collaboration with Target raises in me suspicions of possible tragic brand dilution.. But on a lighter note, detail shots:
the vibrant blend of magenta, pale yellow, and green
the usual wrist mix spring-ified by a cord of hemp and yellow string from Macau
pouring green tea with a green ring by Norbu Bijoux in Williamsburg
shoes by 3:33
These were my go-to shoes last lazy winter. Walking through the wet and salty snow has rendered the shoes creased and nearly balded on certain spots, but I find myself liking them even better this way. If a young Hugh Hefner skateboarded and still wanted to look suave, these are the shoes he’d wear.
photos by Jessica E.

• Shane Bailey
    May 13th, 2011 at 3:38 pm

so very much tempted to get myself a cardigan and yes, the v neck is sexy~~

• Mat
    May 14th, 2011 at 4:25 pm

my hair chest wouldn't allow any of the sort. works for you though, it's very nice

• Brandon
    May 14th, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Oooph Izzy the S word! Hot AND Heavy! I would be mightily interested to see the Dandy himself (yes that's happening right there) take on the more crazy missoni patterns. Lets make that happen! Calling Angela: we have a Filipino here who needs to style some of your shit!

As for the shoes, Wabi Sabi Baby! nothing says old money like balding velvet!

• Giancinephile
    May 16th, 2011 at 12:40 am

No matter how I try to shy away from colour, I surprisingly still have a heart for Missoni. I guess those things I've loved from childhood will often always carry on to the present.

And I somehow got motivated to work on my first Missoni piece thanks to you! haha

• POPTUCKSHOP
    May 16th, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Loving this look! I basically want everything you are wearing!

• wecouldgrowup2gether
    May 16th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

damn, me long gone. next time perhaps. your hair is looking magnificent btw

• Layered Black
    May 17th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Speechless about those shoes! Love! I think my husband could rock those too.

Elizabeth

• Luigi Alba
    May 29th, 2011 at 10:11 am

Love how the simplicity of the whole wardrobe gives an oomph vibe.