October 18, 2011

Tech Pack

It helps to have a theme when packing. For this trip, I’m doing my version of tech: abstract digital prints, metallics, white leather, and a fragrance freshly prepared at a boutique-laboratory in Nolita.
Tim Hamilton X Ross Bleckner digital-print scarf, Casio calculator watch, Santal 33 by Le Labo, my old iPod, silver laminate Comme des Garcons wallet, white Prada bag
I’m off to Los Angeles in a few days for a vacation essential to my sanity. Angelenos, what must I see, shop, eat, do?

• Mat
    October 18th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

happy trippin'

• Jonathan Crisman
    October 18th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

ah i couldn't help but comment — i love le labo & LA is home! where are you staying? getting around is a pain, so it's usually nicest to explore whatever neighborhood you're in thoroughly, with a couple extended jaunts into other parts of town. shopping/people watching/cafe-ing on melrose and beverly is nice, the getty villa is beautiful, LACMA/MOCA/Hammer is the museum triad, korean food is a must, there are several good restaurants/bars downtown (the varnish, bottega louie, villains), good pools at the standard hotels, good galleries along washington in culver city and stop in father's office, the new santa monica place mall and 3rd street promenade are sort of nice if a bit typical. there are also plenty of other weird things that i enjoy — cemeteries, elevators, hidden hiking/parks…..

October 18th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

a pizza at Pizzeria Mozza and a burger with sweet potato fries from Father's Office

John W / LA

• Noelle Chantal
    October 18th, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Izzy, I love the print of your scarf and super like your metallic wallet!! Have fun on your trip and I hope to see you again! :) Take care and enjoy! :)

• Ambyr
    October 19th, 2011 at 11:29 am

Very cool. I'm loving menswear with cool unique prints! have fun in LA, that's where I live. I suggest MOCA or The Getty museums. Lemonade LA is a delish fresh food restaurant. Check them out!

xoxo

• amalie
    October 19th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

love that silver wallet!
    x

• Aldrin Paul
    October 19th, 2011 at 7:44 pm

i love that wallet!!!

• Whitney Cosgrave
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

What you should do is check out my LA based blog, seeshopeatdo.com!

Hope you have a great trip, LA has a lot to offer. all of the suggestions that others have offered sound great!

whitney

• Aluma Wallet Reviews
    January 11th, 2012 at 2:52 am

Metallic wallet looks good. Good wallet is an every ones choice.