November 8, 2011

In and Out

What holds true for fashion, the same goes for the trends that matter most: those that ebb and flow within my own head. Change is constant, and in fashion, I never say never. A leopard-print shirt, eyeshadow, a kimono—never would I have thought—and now, denim and a necktie. Heavens, never would I have even thought I’d finish an entire burger of beef!
at In-n-out Burger, Los Angeles: Illesteva sunglasses, Thom Browne jacket, Uniqlo shirt and jeans, J. Crew tie, Black Fleece belt
I had a conversation with my friend and editor Kwannam about this new look I espouse. Where’s the paint splatter, the twenty rings, the odd shapes? “Wear whatever you like,” he says, “it’s your blog.” Look closely, I’m still very much in there.
tie clip by The Tie Bar via Park & Bond, diamond signet ring by Lanero, Bvlgari watch
plaid wool tie by J. Crew, Black Fleece pebbled leather belt
I’ve taken to painting my left ring finger nail a shade that suits my liking. This time it’s vivid red, brighter than ketchup. In a wardrobe slowly being taken over by classic menswear, it’s my last bastion of kook.
red nail polish by Essie
My favorite shoes are starting to crack fatally. Should I deep-condition them, or allow them to fray gracefully?
Out goes my vegetarianism, at least for the holiday.
the mother to my diamond ring
I left, dripping with grease.
photographs by Nikki Tuason

• RACHEL
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

haha to great. and love what your doing with the nail polish… a personalized signature :]

x

• rollininthedough
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

found the mecca! this post strikes a chord with my Cali roots, you can ask them for a 'grilled cheese' and they can do you up veggie style… but I see you made your choice

• Mat
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

yo nailed that burger, feels good sometimes just to let leach on some fast food.

well your style is changing but i don't think for a minute you won't go back and mad it up, give it till next week?

• Men's Dress Suits
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Such a great look…and I'm just talking about the burger.

Though that suit is looking good too!

• Andrew
    November 8th, 2011 at 10:33 pm

dressed quite nice for the place, haha

I've actually always wanted to go to one, though. I've heard nothing but good things about it

• Taj
    November 9th, 2011 at 4:36 am

lovin the new look!! WASP meet hipster!! and those ring!!!! GIMME!!!!

• Herdiana Surachman
    November 9th, 2011 at 8:05 am

love the combination, you so great dandy :)

HS

• CUP OF COUPLE
    November 10th, 2011 at 6:13 am

love the combination junk food & good style! :)

G