January 26, 2012

American Spirit on ASOS

For this year’s Future Stylist competition, online mega-retailer ASOS had chosen me to represent American menswear. The theme was “dressing up denim”, and I chose to do my interpretation of the Texas tuxedo: double-denim gone surrealist. As seen on this blog multiple times, my favorite way of wearing denim is with more denim, like a cowboy. I topped off the look with saddle-leather shoes and handcuffs for arresting bandits at the saloon. Photographs are by the immensely talented Ashley Dupree.
Number (N)ine sunglasses, Vivienne Westwood x Lee asymmetrical denim shirt, ASOS necklace and jeans, vintage Florsheim shoes
metallic green ASOS handcuff necklace over the Vivienne Westwood asymmetrical collar denim shirt
silk ribbon from the Rivane Neuenschwander installation at the New Museum, Hermés bracelet, Cartier watch
vintage Florsheim longwing brogues, green laces from Hook + Albert
Vote for me here: http://asos.to/VoteIzzy
Contest ends on Wednesday, the 1st of February.
photographs by Ashley Dupree
clothing c/o ASOS

• Mr J
    January 26th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Amazing look! Love the jacket you're wearing and the necklace is awesome! Good luck!

• Kristen Lam
    January 26th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I'm in love with asymmetry right now, I have a couple skirts and shirts that have an asymmetric hem and I'm obsessed! I've never seena shirt like that! (or a necklacelike that) It's so unique!

• MM
    January 27th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

i finally found your blog Izzy!!! :) like the denim shirt btw

• Kavian
    January 30th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Holy fuck! I want that necklace!

January 31st, 2012 at 8:47 am

check out these brogues from H&M here….http://bit.ly/students-mens-fashion

February 5th, 2012 at 12:26 am

Hey Izzy those florsheims look great! Could I ask how the sizing runs as compared to say Sperrys?

February 7th, 2012 at 2:37 am

I'm not all that familiar with Sperrys, but I'd say the Florsheims run true to size.