June 20, 2012

Shell

The combination of a long-sleeved top with short bottoms is one of my favorites for transitional dressing.  Sleeves can easily be rolled up or down according to the wind, and the tension between a modest top and leg-baring shorts is something I always find intriguing.  I like to think of it as the men’s equivalent of the long-sleeved minidress.

Jil Sander quilted shell top, Assembly New York shorts, Jil Sander pouch, Vans sneakers

A popular men’s magazine once said never to wear long jackets with shorts, or to carry a bag smaller than an A4 sized folder.  Frankly, I find more fun flailing my jacket bare-legged in the wind and clutching my pop of orange than having the satisfaction of following set rules.

Tim Hamilton lab coat

I like to think of this one as my "man-audiere".

photographs by Hudson Shively

• mat
    June 20th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

it looks slick all together, very slick. the first images with the top and shorts looks great too. vans slip ons looking fresh too

• Aldous Wright
    June 20th, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Just from thw first lance I knew cer well that was Jil! Bravo!

• Danny
    June 21st, 2012 at 5:56 am

Very cool indeed!

• Duck
    June 21st, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Why would anyone want to follow a set of rules? Especially about something like how we dress…

I really wanted to get this Jil top when the collection came out but decided it was too pricy for something I suspected would make me look like the Michelin Man :( Looks great on you though!

• Sean
    June 22nd, 2012 at 8:56 am

the lab coat is a nice touch! and the minaudiere pun = nice one ;p

• Sophie