July 27, 2012

Shaun Samson

The words on everybody’s lips—Shaun Samson.  A very recent graduate of Central St. Martins’ MA program, he was one of the London designers brought to New York by The London Showrooms, where I had discovered him at the last show in New York City.  Fresh out of CSM, Samson sold his first collection to Opening Ceremony, and apparently nearly sold out.  This California-born Filipino designer brings his youthful, rebellious voice to menswear, making clothes that are intriguingly subversive, but still quite masculine and wearable.

a furry-logo layered jersey and big black shorts: a Shaun Samson Fall 2012 look, taken at The London Showrooms, NYC

long plaid, embellished shower slippers, and a cat: my favorite looks from Shaun Samson Spring 2013 (photos via Totem)

so bad it's good: a Shaun Samson sheared faux-fur portfolio

• Aldous Wright
    July 27th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I’m long the way the layers with so much volume are done especially the photo in the middle. I was wondering if there will be a coverage of the accessories.

• Hannah
    July 27th, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I love the faux-fur portfolio!

• STOP IT RIGHT NOW
    July 30th, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I’m obsessed with Shaun Samson these days. My favorite thing about the above collection is the soccer sandals. Or at least that’s what we’d refer to them as in my hood. All the soccer jocks would wear their Adidas slippers with socks and shorts after practice. It was definitely a look.

July 30th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Agreed. I would love to wear them Damir/Celine minimal with lots of big black clothes.

• Lucinda
    August 1st, 2012 at 9:51 pm

The shaved faux-fur is so effective. I wonder how he treats the edges to stop them fraying. Going to keep tabs on Shaun Samson.

August 2nd, 2012 at 12:14 am

Lucinda– I was wondering the same thing!