October 10, 2012

Leo Becerra and Houman Farahmand

Leo and Houman are best friends, and the conversation between their respective aesthetics is one to eavesdrop.  Together’s they’re an essay on the clean and gritty, the architectural and the organic, the tenderly human and the alien-like.  I’ve encountered the duo many times as fellow night crawlers in New York, and I’ve long been intrigued by Leo’s penchant for vintage volume and skin, and Houman’s clean, clean lines.

Leo Becerra and Houman Farahmand

Leo Becerra, originally from Caracas, is a student at The New School in New York City and people, energy, friends, change, and innovation inspire him.

Leo Becerra in a Patricia Field “Vogue” mesh football shirt and Charlotte Ronson leather pants

mesh and leather

Houman Farahmand is a buyer for Nasty Gal in Los Angeles.  He loves mid/late 70s-80s film, and Woody Allen films, especially.  ”It’s hard for me to go through a film without stopping several times and doing Google searches, and pulling up images based on what I see,” says Houman.  He also has a penchant for color and texture.  He says, “I have and always had an obsession for leather. I love the smell of the leather in old european cars.”

Houman Farahmand in a Fred Perry polo, vintage white jeans, and 3.1 Phillip Lim shoes

vintage gold zipper earring

Houman’s favorite large rings

Houman in a vintage motorcycle jacket, Thierry Mugler turtleneck, The Row hunter green leather pants, Comme des Garcons slip-on half boots

the resurgence of the square toe by way of Comme des Garcons

Leo wears Dries Van Noten glasses, a Miu Miu cardigan, and a vintage shirt

I really like Leo’s matching vintage red leather bracelets and his voluminous striped Hermes pants.

Leo in a vintage motorcycle jacket and Alexander Wang top and Houman in a Fred Perry cardigan and Balenciaga turtleneck, in Chinatown

The Dandy Project for W Magazine

• Giuliano
    October 10th, 2012 at 6:12 am

I really liked this post! I wanted to be Leo in that second picture <3

October 10th, 2012 at 8:38 am

Thanks G. Me too! Leo was magical in that second picture.

• Peter
    October 10th, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Love their styles, especially the carefulness/attention to detail. This makes me miss NY so much – I feel like the real New Yorkers in some ways are the transplants
    xx

October 10th, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Agreed. A big part of what makes New York City interesting are the people who come and go.

• Iris & Daniel
    October 10th, 2012 at 11:11 pm

This post is so great! The style contrast is really interesting and cool to see, ugh these pictures are all goals.

• Ian McLennan
    October 23rd, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I love the cuffs on those green jeans. They’re like rough cut, with no hem, but without any fringe at all. I’m curious how that finish is achieved, it’s a great, subtle look.

October 23rd, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I’m not fully sure either, but I know they’re leather and it’s highly likely that the hems are raw edged.

• Juan
    October 30th, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Ahhh, fell in love with that vintage motorcycle jacket, and the comme des garçons shoes