December 19, 2012

Brandon Seah

Brandon Seah is a fashion buyer in-training in New York City by way of Singapore, a substantial patron of Rei Kawakubo and her disciples, and a favorite subject of The Sartorialist’s Scott Schuman.  I’ve learned to appreciate the merits of wearing well-loved sneakers to balance a heavy, rich Fashion outfit since I met him two years ago.  Unlike many of the men I’ve profiled on this site, his style reads more doofus than debonair—humor plays a huge part in the way he dresses.  Brandon Seah wears clothes for the joy and artistry of each piece, and it is the peace and the grace with which he puts himself together that I admire most.

Brandon Seah in a Y’s by Yohji Yamamoto jacket, Comme des Garcons shirt and trousers, Vans sneakers, and I-D Tokyo glasses

buttons large (Comme des Garcons) and hidden (Yohji Yamamoto)

wide pinstripe trousers and Brandon, your favorite Vans sneakers are falling apart.

Miharayasuhiro jacquard coat, Hermes bag, Calvin Klein trousers, Vans sneakers

The forest print on this Miharayasuhiro piece looks like a picture projected on to a mundane gray striped coat.

boy with a Birkin

Brandon’s Hermes Birkin 35 in vert anis comes adorned with a rosary, a hippopotamus, and googly eyes on the clochette.

detail on the Tess Giberson sweater worn inside

Comme des Garcons jacket, shirt, and shoes, Tsumori Chisato trousers, Uniqlo leggings

If there’s one piece I could inherit from his wardrobe, it will have to be this fringed Comme des Garcons Homme Plus long jacket. It is dark and dandy incarnate.

Comme des Garcons sandal-shoes

• Patrick Wilson
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:40 am

I really like his sense of style and, as always, the photos are amazing!!!

• sauron
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:49 am

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it’s a good morning, whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?

• curious
    December 19th, 2012 at 4:51 am

I am quite curious to discover if Brandon would still be able to dress like this if money was a problem, indeed like it is for the vast majority of people who can likewise appreciate the clothes but are unable to afford them?. No malicious intentions, just curious.

• Duck
    December 20th, 2012 at 11:56 am

That Miharayasuhiro print is amaze, always the master of trompe l’oeil pieces. Brandon has the best Instagram I follow…

December 20th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

he is a master copywriter! and my favorite Instagram-based fashion blogger (though he hates it when I call him that)

• Duck
    December 21st, 2012 at 10:56 am

I just don’t understand how one person can generate so many puns and still have time left to shop.

• Sean
    December 21st, 2012 at 4:06 pm

lurve his style…great clothes and great pics!

• mat
    December 26th, 2012 at 4:57 pm

mighty impressive wardrobe and great to see that printed coat with the urban backdrop. nice one izz

• Colin Chapman
    December 27th, 2012 at 8:43 am

OMG, he’s amazing. Love every single item, though the colour of the Birkin bag and the Miharayasuhiro forest print coat bring it all home for me. He has a great eye (as do you!)

• jennifer
    December 28th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

omgd he is perfection.

• Liana Popa
    June 28th, 2013 at 4:51 am

very cool site, i love it!

• xe
    August 17th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

The first picture with the Miharayasuhiro jacquard coat, is genius. I love the way the bag is exactly the same color as some of the leaves on the tree. Thank you for posting. I like this post so much that I reblogged it.