I’ve pooled together two of my favorite men’s fashion bloggers for a collaborative project aimed at shining light on new, creative talent in the menswear blogosphere. It’s a little DIY orgy, if you may: one blogger creates a DIY piece for another, and receives a piece from another blogger in the circle to wear and style. We’re calling on you baby bloggers, and veterans in the game, anyone with an online presence and hands that create beautiful things, tweet or Instagram us (@thedandyproject, @HOLY_SPICE, @pullteeth) a DIY project that best describes your style and the reason why you should be part of this collaboration. Mechanics are listed below.
1. Contestants may apply by tweeting and/or Instagramming to all three of us (@thedandyproject, @HOLY_SPICE, @pullteeth) a link to or a picture of a DIY project that best describes their style and skills AND one reason why they should be part of this collaboration. All contestants must have an existing blog online. Submission period is January 16th-29th, 2013.
2. The three judges deliberate and decide which blogger(s) get to be part of the collaboration, and who they DIY for/who DIY’s their piece.
3. Each winning contestant shall create a DIY men’s fashion item according to the brief, and ship it to the blogger he is assigned to.
4. Each winning contestant will receive a DIY men’s fashion item from a blogger assigned to him, and shall photograph himself in an outfit post featuring the DIY piece he received. Dialogue and collaboration between creator and recipient is highly encouraged!
5. When all the pieces have been created and photographed, the three judges will set a time when all posts will be synchronized to go live. Each winning contestant’s post must feature: (1) the DIY process of the item he created (2) a photograph of the item styled on the blogger who received the item he created (3) a graphic featuring all DIYed outfits of all bloggers involved (4) links to all blogs involved.
6. This is a non-compensated, not-for-profit project. Creative collaboration is encouraged, and the discovery and support of new talent is the goal.
Looking forward to seeing your entries! Feel free to e-mail info (at) thedandyproject (dot) com for any questions.